This morning before I left I had to put fresh batteries in my cd player. I pulled the dead ones out and tossed them. I went into a pocket in my bag and pulled out four dead batteries, and two more from my coat pocket and tossed them. I grabbed a four pack of fresh ones and stuffed them in my bag. It was positively cinematic. You had to be there.
I spent a few hours with my parents last night. It is very weird to relate to my parents now that we're all grown up. When my mom and I are together, our voices reach a pitch only dogs can hear. I never noticed how perky she is. One time when I was a little kid she was giving me a bath and I said, "hey mom, did you know one of your legs is smaller than the other?" And she said, "Yeah, honey, I know. I have cerebral palsy, that happens. See, this side of the body doesn't work so much."
"whozawhazit?????"
I'm amazed sometimes by the way extraordinary can be ordinary.
I'm gonna chase that feeling.
28 March 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment