19 March 2002

I'm not the kind of person to get mad at people who are thinner than I am, because I don't think it's fair to judge people based on their size but. . . . .
Well, shit.
It's also not fair to promote the idea that absolute scrawniness is the norm, leavnig the rest of us to hate ourselves. People magazine has a feature this week on fashion, and in it they have a size 10 mom showing fashions for the real woman. Really. People magazine, (whose business is People) considers a size 10 Middle America Overweight. A size ten is dangerously close to single digits, I say, quit bragging. What the hell does it matter what size she is anyway? I didn�t read the article, but I�m wondering what size the person writing it must have been for the fact that she was a ten (!) to be a main focus. Why is that part of the article description? �A Size 10 Mom tries out fashions for the real woman�. While all these actors try on fashions for the god-like alien creatures who roam the earth but for a brief time out of pity and charity for those who love them.
friggity.

No comments: